San Lorenzo In Campo
ITALY - MARCHE REGION
San Lorenzo In Campo is a city in the south of the province of Pesaro and Urbino. It is a village rich in history and art, there is a Benedictine basilica with remains from the Roman era and a beautiful Italian theater dedicated to the original tenor of San Lorenzo in Campo, Mario Tiberini.
The theater is one of the Laurentian jewels. It is located on the main floor of the Palazzo della Rovere. Its construction, promoted in 1813, was completed in 1816 based on a design by the master builder Luigi Tiberini. It seems to have been created from the della Rovere ballroom. After a careful restoration it was reopened to the public in 1983. It retains its original appearance as a whole. It has two orders of boxes with a gallery decorated with frescoes and with Art Nouveau decorations. All made of wood, it has a U-shaped stalls.
San Lorenzo in Campo is also famous for the production of spelled and sweet sour cherry wine.